West Yorks Clubs

jpw

You are spoilt for Choice!!!

Yeadon Guiseley, Bradford, Spen Valley, Huddersfield Falcons, Horsforth and West Leeds all run Beginners trials series.

Yeadon Guiseley have one on the 2nd July at 2pm at Norwood between Otley and Pateley Bridge.

www.yeadon-guiseleytrials.co.uk

I can't see when the next Bradford Autotowbars is from the web site but check TMX and the front page they will be posted. StuartC organises them so if you mail him he'll be able to let you know.

www.bradfordtrials.co.uk

Spen Valley have a Beginners at Tong Farm on the 16th July at 1PM. Horsforth also use this venue.

www.spenvalleytrials.co.uk

Horsforth will be running a beginners the previous week on the 10th July at Tong at 11AM.

www.horsforthtrials.co.uk

West Leeds now run a Beginners course on their Club and also run "restricted" Novice and Beginners trials. The main venue is Post Hill which is on the Ring Road in Leeds.

www.wlmc.fsnet.co.uk

At all the above providing you have a ACU licence you can turn up and ride. Most would want you to join to ride but membership isn't expensive and in the case of "restricted" trials providing you are a member of one of those clubs you can ride at the trial.

Huddersfield are an exception and I'm Not Sure Huddersfield have a website? The trials they have require you to enter prior to the day and they will not take entries on the day so you would have to check TMX and send off for an entry form.

Trials are spread out across the region. Around Leeds, Silsden, Otley and Bingley are most popular but the trials are held across the area.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Telecat

Thank you telecat

I did not know there were so many in the area !

Only just starting out so all the info I can get is a great help.

What bike would you recommend for a beginner ?

Thanks again

Why dont u get down to your local dealer and see if you can test ride a few different bikes? Im not sure where the dealers are in your area but im sure someone will. But after that you will get a better idea of what sort of bike your after.

You are in Trials country!! If you are in Leeds then the main dealers are,

DMS Trialsport in Flockton(All Makes)

<mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> Trialsport In Royston(All Makes)

Cobb & Jagger(Ducati Leeds) in Shipley(Gas Gas only)

Pennine Trialsport Nr Saddleworth Moor(sounds far but just off the M62)(Beta,Scorpa)

TW trialsport Near Richmond.

Colin Appleyard at Keighley(Leeds can get them but don't stock).

Couple of other guys around as well. RPM in Sheffield, FeetUp in Scarborough, new guy in York I believe, Haven on The south shore of the Humber.

As Lew says try them out, don't go for the biggest bike or the smallest, go for the one that you can control and are comfortable on. Make sure you like the "feel" of the controls. Most riders have one finger on the levers so make sure you can adjust them so they work properly for you. There are lots of things you'll hear about the different bikes, strengths and weaknesses. But change the Gearbox oil once a month, Check and Clean the air filter, get all the dirt off the bike and chain and oil and adjust the chain and you should be ok. Budget for a couple of broken mudguards and listen to other owners of the same bike to get tips on running them.

As you live in Leeds try to get to the horsforth wednesday trial 15th June at swaine woods, its fairly easy & ideal for beginners, starts at 6.30

Swaine woods is on the right going towards hosforth up the hill from rodley

canal, (the roundabout where the olive tree restaurant is, down from owlcotes shopping centre)

Edited by JOHNBOY

As you live in Leeds try to get to the horsforth wednesday trial 15th June at swaine woods, its fairly easy & ideal for beginners, starts at 6.30

Swaine woods is on the right going towards hosforth up the hill from rodley

canal, (the roundabout where the olive tree restaurant is, down from owlcotes shopping centre)

...and they're excellent fun. Its just a shame I now live too far away to get up there for the evening series.

Although Swain Woods is quite small, you'll be surprised at hom many good sections they manage to devise in there!! And its an excellent practise ground, available to Horsforth Members.

I started riding the mid-weeks when I first started trials a few years ago, and also did the Novice & Beginner series. Wasn't long before I reached the heady heights of rubbishness that I have achieved to date!!

There's a run out at Stump Cross tomorrow (19th), but its Club Championship class to if you are a genuine beginner it might be a bit hard. Worth coming along for a watch though...give you a feel for how things work.

Hope to see you there - I'll be the upside down one!!

Cheers

KB.

On is ars* more like :-)

So, you were there then Stuart!!

:D

Think its about time I wandered over to a BDMC trial again - its been a while. Its always a pleasure to entertain different people with my unique blend of controlled aggression and astonishing balance...

...can't blame the bike this time, was just the jockey that was inept!!!

Cheers

KB.

Don't know Kinky, looks like the talent's still there, You just need the practice, and you looked like you were still enjoying yourself, You can always ask Chris for tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be at The YG club trial at Emmotts on saturday. 5PM start so no need to get up early, which given I'll be going to bed at 6AM that morning suits me perfectly. :D

And jpw watch out for the Beginners at Norwood on the 2nd July mail me with any queries. Hey Stuart whens the next Autotowbars?

Edited by Telecat