Where Are All The Txt 50 Boys Bikes ?

dougstar

Hi people,

Well I am pretty new to all this and hopefully someone here maybe able to point me in the direction but there seems to be a distinct lack of these bikes floating around ???

Now this is for only of a couple of reasons I am sure :

• They are really good and nobody lets them go
  • They are that good that people only past them to friends / family / people who hound them at trials
  • They only imported a few each year and there is not enough to go around
  • They are ***** and they have all been scrapped

So whats does everyone think ?

Also if I do manage to find one apart from the stator issue on the pre 05 models what else should i be looking out for ?

I am not a complete pudding when it comes to bikes and have grew up around them and meticulously maintained them myself with great success over the last 15 years, So to travel 170 (1 way) to find a bike that had been maintained and checked over by a "expert" according to the seller to be far from it has brought me to ask myself " where are all the TXT boys" ?

Would be good to hear your views on this particular bike

Cheers

Dougie

plenty of ty80s about still,good reliable bike,do up keep for couple of years then get your money back. TXTs very badly made most are scrapped or sold on ebay as needing attension someone elses problem.fantic 80s were are pretty good bike,where have they all gone? im guessing to make a new small bike cost nearly as much as adult bikes,but they would not sell not enough bikes to make them.

Despite the bad press they can be quite good little bikes. I think they are the best "Auto" of those available. The problem is many end up as "field" bikes with owners who do not look after them and they become difficult to start, have little in the way of replacement parts etc. Then they just end up on the scrap heap. Get a good one maintained by someone who knows what they are doing and you have few problems. One lad round these parts has one and his family are well into Trials. The bike is a peach and he can easily start it on his own. Yes the OSET is a good starter but they do not run forever and you do need to move across.

Well who is going to ride it? All the gas powered autos are crap!(Oset now rules) Ty80 was the best small bike ever.

Cheers Lineaway, they all surly cannot be that bad ?

I wanted to go down the 'gas' route as I thought at aged 8 he would be OK on it size and power wise, not really bothered about noise and prefered him to start off with a little clutch control practice and having all the brakes in the right position etc but them Osets do seem very popular so obvs doing something very right !!

Here`s a good example of `where` the boyz went! http://www.sparkybik...is_Sparky_.html

Bit out of my price range one of those I am afraid !

plenty of ty80s about still,good reliable bike,do up keep for couple of years then get your money back. TXTs very badly made most are scrapped or sold on ebay as needing attension someone elses problem.fantic 80s were are pretty good bike,where have they all gone? im guessing to make a new small bike cost nearly as much as adult bikes,but they would not sell not enough bikes to make them.

No I think you maybe right there max what with the success and popularity of the osets these learner petrol bikes are a dieing breed !

Despite the bad press they can be quite good little bikes. I think they are the best "Auto" of those available. The problem is many end up as "field" bikes with owners who do not look after them and they become difficult to start, have little in the way of replacement parts etc. Then they just end up on the scrap heap. Get a good one maintained by someone who knows what they are doing and you have few problems. One lad round these parts has one and his family are well into Trials. The bike is a peach and he can easily start it on his own. Yes the OSET is a good starter but they do not run forever and you do need to move across.

Yes telecat I agree but what a crying shame so many of these have been so poorly looked after they are a cracking piece of kit IMO and agree again about the life span of the osets but not heard much bad press about motors packing up etc so I presume they are reasonably durable perhaps??

Thanks for the comments so far anyway people all input will be absorbed for sure

Thanks

Dougie

Trouble is no matter how good you set-up a txt boy it will never work as good as a ty80. (granted the txt has great brakes). The ty80 if you gear it down does not need any clutch work except to stop. The auto clutches are just a waste of time,(no competition) unless the kids just riding around the yard.

My kid started on a pw50, beta mini-trial,(The reason for the beta vs the gas gas was the Beta would start.) 2 different ty80`s and his final kids bike was a full size txt70.

I bought the beta new and was a waste of time except my kid was only 5. The ty80`s were great and the txt70 taught him clutch control. Good luck on your search. If you find the gasser with the big bore kit, it is quite exciting for an auto!