Bucket Of Bolts!

mokwepa

Hi guys

I have a 07 Rev3 270 and my pops has a 13 Evo 300.

My bike sounds like a bucket of bolts at idle, kinda like my KDX did when it was new. My dads evo is super quiet and smooth sounding. Are the rev3's noisier than the newer evos? (engine noise not exhaust note)

I did Dans clutch mod so get a bit of chatter but appart from that, the engine is still noisy compared to the evo. I unfortunately am not able to listen to or ride another rev3 to compare. My bike runs well but i suffer from that sickness that causes me to look for problems.

Obviously these things do encounter wear, and dirt and such, and sometimes a fresh piston will help, but TBH, the fitment is soo critical that only a fresh replate of the cylinder will fix things.

If I were going to attempt to quiet one down, I would do a teardown and inspect of the bore, reject for any imperfections. If none found, may try a new piston in upsize (B as compared to A) at .01mm difference, and with new rings.

You should know soon if things settle, and if not, just send the barrel off with the new piston for a match and replate so things are good.

Some Betas suffer from a loud primary. The gears mate a little loose and create a knocking sound. This is better than too tight which causes gear whine. I don't know what gear oil you use but if you try a heavier oil and it quiets it down some than this is your noise. It doesn't hurt anything it's just annoying. The Evo's seem to be quite a bit better about this than the Rev's

Hi guys

I have a 07 Rev3 270 and my pops has a 13 Evo 300.

My bike sounds like a bucket of bolts at idle, kinda like my KDX did when it was new. My dads evo is super quiet and smooth sounding. Are the rev3's noisier than the newer evos? (engine noise not exhaust note)

I did Dans clutch mod so get a bit of chatter but appart from that, the engine is still noisy compared to the evo. I unfortunately am not able to listen to or ride another rev3 to compare. My bike runs well but i suffer from that sickness that causes me to look for problems.