Few Questions About Txt

beta boy

gonna go colect my txt tomorrow hopefully. ive got a few questions that need to be answered.

-what gearbox oil should i use and how much of it should i put in

-is castrol tts ok to use as premix oil. if so what ratio should i mix it at.

-what is th rear break like to bleed is it a pain in the a*** that takes ages to get the air out or is it straight foward put bleeder on pump lever done

Hi B B,

I use Dextron III ATF in mine (TXT 2000 280) after searching these forums - it seems to be a popular choice.

The manual says 750cc but i think that is from completely empty (i.e. new) or 650cc for an oil change as you never get all the old oil out. Having said that i reckon mine took more like 700cc. There is a level window on the side and the oil should come half way up this with the bike vertical. Give it some time to settle though and top it up if it looks low after you've run the engine.

Castrol TTS also seems to be recommended and i mix it at 80 to 1.

My back brake was a pain but it transpired that the master cylinder piston wasn't returning out enough. After fixing that (added an extra spring inside) it seemed easier to bleed it by using a screwdriver to depress the piston (with the brake pedal off) then set the brake pedal travel and height.

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy your new bike.

Roy :D

Double checked and it seems that i'm using Dexron II not III, but it was v easy to get from the local motor factors. Halfords or any car parts shop should do it i'd have thought.

Motul is some nice stuff, i use it in my Subaru, not cheap though! It's probably more important to change it regularly than pay a fortune for some posh stuff. All IMHO of course :D

• 2 weeks later...

Now you tell me about Lucas !!! there is one about 20 seconds across the road from the Halfords I used :blink: For under a tenner it will be fine if you change it every week before it 'goes off'

Edited by oceanvibe