Pop, Bang, Smoke!

jon98gg

Just changed my engine oil and coolant on my gasser, warming up for about 10 mins squeezing coolant pipes to get any air locks out then a little pop, squirt of water then steam from radiator. Went to stop by kill switch but got BIG electric shock! :crying: Got it stopped and cooled down and took cap off but there still seems plenty of coolant in? Any suggestions on what could have happenend?? Has it over heated?? Blown a hole in rad?? Water pump working?? Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

replace your kill switch, with a version that has 2 wires! the 2nd wire goes to ground/earth on the frame near where you connected the other wire. Nothing like getting shocked when kill switch is NOT making good contact with handlebars, a 2 wire version stops that shocking development, least it has for me for several years.

Beta's has a junk switch on the 2011's that would kill the engine when it got wet, my family helped haul a dead beta from clear on the back of the property in a rain storm, dealer from texas said change the kill switch... so get a GOOD kill switch.

I like the square ones I get from yamaha parts dealer myself, but now I use a lanyard. Lanyard is even more sealed and all you have to do is remember; where the hell did I put the lanyard, and to put it onto the dang switch BEFORE YOU KICK IT, lol. :popcorn: Don't ask me how I know... :dunce: it was funny, a person tried to start my bike, I was walking section, had lanyard on my wrist, they pushed the bike to where I was and said "cant get yours to start! I got the other 3 bikes moved over here though..." I held up my lanyard and we laughed.