Hawkstone, Who's Going ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the Championship the way it is, it looks like it's going to be a cracker of a Trial, not to be missed. Nobody would have reckoned on it being this close. Dougie said last night "Who would have betted on it being this close?" He was very unlucky not to take the win. Even putting my unbiased hat on, I'd have said he deserved it.

Remember all those camping or staying in the area overnight will be more than welcome to our Trials Central get-together on the Saturday night. We've got a 30' x 15' tent organised in case the weather isn't good and there will be limited!!! free beer. It's a case of bring your own booze and just have fun. We've arranged an area for the tent away from the family camping area. It should be a cracking weekend both socially and with a real fight on the Sunday. Maybe we can redress the support the Spaniards gave their boys this weekend with some real support for our man.

ahem!

i think that you are over looking grimbo there, yeah he may not be in contention for the win but we still need to give him all the support we can on home ground, he had a couple of good rides in duluth, lets try and get him on the podium.

also it would be great if colley could get himself a few championship points in his last world trial!!!

sadly i wont be able to make it, but i hope it will be a great success and i am sure i will hear all about it on here. (also hope i get my text update in portugal!!)

anyway, lets hear it for hawkstone

HIP HIP!!

Hmmm. I have a BBQ big enough to roast a zebra but I'm not sure we'd get it in a Ford Galaxy alongside 7 drunk Yorkshiremen, 2 tents and several crates of beer. I'll look into the logistics but I wouldn't want to commit...

I don't know what zebra tastes like but I'll give it a try.

I can see this Trials Central party thing getting out of hand.....................................with a bit of luck. :D

I think we should also invite Raga, Cabestany and Fujigas along. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was thinking about going, as I've never been to an event in Europe, and then this London bombing thing happened.

So that clinched it, I booked my airline today!!! Save a couple English pints for 2 boys from Tennessee! And we "hired" (I think that means rented) a couple of sport bikes from a place in London, so we'll have a bit of a holiday ride around the countryside. I've never been to Scotland, I hear it's nice and warm and sunny the first week in August.

see you there,

dan