New To Trials - Oakville Area

just4fun

Hi folks,

Thought I'd post-up and say hi to my fellow Canadians. I'm just getting re-aquainted with the sport - I used to have a TY80 when I was a kid in the UK almost 30 years ago. Haven't riden a trials bike since then - but just picked up a 1993 Beta Gara 260 to play around with.

I'm going to teach my little dude how to ride his XR50 next year and thought a trials bike would be the ideal machine to putt-along side him. I'm also interested in finding out about trials clubs in south-western Ontario and possibly competing an an easy class - once I have mastered the basics.

I'd be interested in getting in touch with anyone who lives in the Oakville / Burlington area. Right now, my plan is to take the bike to my folks place in Kingston and ride there - but it would be great to find out if there's anywhere that might be a bit closer.

Here's a picture on my new ride and my boy - whose not quite sure what to make of it!

Chris

IMG_0013.JPG

Hi, I live in Toronto (west end). For a beginner I suggest you join the CVMG (Canadian vintage motorcycle group). You can find them on the web. We have about 8 trials a year mainly in areas west of Toronto and Hamilton so within an hour and a half for you. Although it is called vintage, many riders come with modern bikes and we welcome all, some children also ride. Sections are marked for different skill levels so you won't find them too difficult. There will be a trial close to Orangeville Oct 20th (I think). You should come along and see what it is like. The CMA also put on trials, but for the beginner I suggest the CVMG would be a better start.

I ie in milton and ride the cvmg trials. They are excellent, a lot of easy fun and a great bunch. I also will be at orangeville. Cma trials are also excellent if a little more infrequent, cvmg go into November so still 3 trials to go.

Edited by canada280i

Great to see that there are a few riders that live locally. Thanks for the advice on the CMVG - I've checked it out and it looks good. I'm going to drop by the Orangeville event and see how it all works. I'm going to bring my little guy as i know he'll be fascinated - we've been watching a fair bit of trials riding on the ipad lately!

Hi, I live in Burlington - got back into trials 5 years after a 30 year lay-off. I recommend the CVMG as a great starting point. I ride at Borus's place near Cambridge most weeks plus some sneaky local stuff. PM me and we can chat.

Hey Tony! Wassup?

• 2 weeks later...