2011 No Spark

ric h

It died as tho i had my hand on the kill switch running in 3rd gear.Disconnected the kill switch,still no spark with new plug attached.Any ideas or known issues before i take it to Ossa Canada?

Edited by ric h

I have heard of the terminal breaking off the coil LT side.

I would remove seat unit, top cover, bash plate and stator cover. Then check all electrical connections for water ingress and security.

Under the tank can get clogged with mud and hold the moisture in, not sure any ignition related connections there but might drag the overall voltage down if theres any shorts. I know of one bike which stopped due to the fuel pump connector being corroded.

Good luck.

Any update on this ric? I am curious to see what caused it to just stop

Been too busy making apple crumble cheesecake and doing family stuff to look at it.I'll let ya know.

disconnect the kill sw, then try it, that's an easy one to try, check how the connector looks like to the ECU, pulling out of the airbox can strain the connector and water gets in.

Tried the kill switch at St George.Nothing.Does the ecu come off the connector by pushing it down while releasing the clip?It's really stiff.Thanks Borus.

As a suggestion, you may want to try a jitsie pre filter that fits in place of the rubber cap. I had one on my 2011 and never had anywhere near the amount of dirt in my air box as you seem to have.

One of these: http://www.splatshop.co.uk/jitsie-ossa-11-12-airfilter.html

You can get them from lewisport in the US as well

Edited by canada280i

Thanks,i didn't notice the crack.The dirt is the least of my worries.There is a bunch of green corrosion from the contacts that is a worry.I'll use a soft toothbrush and contact cleaner on it.Then some dielectric grease on everything.

I fixed it! The fuel pump connector was full of green corrosion goo.All the connectors have lots of dielectric grease in them now after a bath with contact cleaner.Bring on some more mud.

bpic.jpg

Edited by ric h