Wassell Bantam Mp S200 Forks

victor1

Hello, I would like to fit some new seals on my Metal Profile s200 forks. Do I need to remove the sliders from the tubes to do this? If so does anyone know how to do this? When I try to undo the bolt at the bottom of the fork that goes up into the damper the whole assembly goes round inside the tube. Any ideas anyone please.

Also if anyone else has a Wassell Bantam I would love to hear from you and exhange pics and info etc.

the sliders need to come out.. traditionally there may or usually may not be a nut inside the slider to get on to if not and even if there is i use a broom handle.. ram it in then turn your nut on the outside and all will be sweetness and light.. ( that reads a little like those haynes manuals where it says 'pull apart'

Thanks for the replies. I'll try compression and the broom handle, problem is that the bolt appears very tight, I had top get a big tube on the Allen key to get it moving at all and then the whole damper starter turning. Just to make my day I've also noticed that the fork legs have a bit of a bend on them.

Forks separated now (S600 not S200!), I managed to undo the nut whilst the forks were compresses (thanks for the help). Dampers were fidly to get out as one of the circlips is a way up the tube, in the end I had to grind down an old thin scredriver and put a bend in it then hook the eye of the clip. I'm thinking of having the tubes straightened and re-chromed but have also asked the people at Greeves for a price for replacements if they will supply them (assuming they fit). I'm just waiting for a reply. They supply a whole new fork but sadly its out of my budget for the rebuild (£595 without yolks).