Which 4Rt To Buy?

dmc2028372

Hello all. I used to have an 06 standard 4 rt that I had for 18 months, never missed a beat. Only criticism was the clutch was very sharp. Changed it for a gg300. Great bike to ride but build quality is shocking.

Thinking of going back to a 4rt for sheer build quality and joy of ownership, plus I'm going to give the Scott another crack next year and think it would be a good choice for it

Is there a preferred year or model of 4rt up to about 2010 in terms of improvements? I know you can throw

09 and after had the major improvements, forks are different (adjusters) mapping and complete exhaust system is different and quieter. Be careful about year dates, as some 08 were sold in 09 but don't have the updates. Apparently the frame was changed too, but I don't know if that is correct. Also watch for the old "school" ones that were used at the training schools and were rented out for the ssdt etc, some have been well used. There are plenty of good ones about, just depends how much you want to spend.

If you can stick out for an 09 and on then changes are worth it. Don't think much changed from 09 on other than graphics. One with a PTB is a bonus well, worth sticking out for, the rest of the stuff can be bolted on so would not worry whether its a repsol or not. Not sure of current values but still seem to hold good money and are bullet proof.