Trials Video- Some Talented Riders At This Event!

wileskwsduke

Yes! Nicely edited! Thanks for putting this out!

And it's very cool to see a person I know in there, as well!!!

Jimmie

Added in EDIT: I saw at the Vimeo website you wrote this vid was filmed with a DSLR. Very Cool! By any chance was it a Canon 7D???

Edited by mr neutron

Yes! Nicely edited! Thanks for putting this out!

And it's very cool to see a person I know in there, as well!!!

Jimmie

Added in EDIT: I saw at the Vimeo website you wrote this vid was filmed with a DSLR. Very Cool! By any chance was it a Canon 7D???

I love making videos! I am happy to share with everyone. I filmed the video with a Nikon D600 and a 24-300mm lens all handheld. I love that camera haha!

Great visuals, but why the loud music? Personally I would rather hear the bikes and the crowd.

Glad you liked the visuals, Ken. As far as the music goes, I tried to keep it pretty chilled out so as not to distract from the riding. I didn't remove the sounds from the shots unless they were in slow motion (which was a fair bit of the video). In my experience, if the sound is not adding to the video, it is taking away from it. I kept the sounds of the bikes in there as much as possible.

I'd love to make an edit with no music at some point, but the shots I had just weren't right for it.

• 3 weeks later...

very nicely filmed, i assume the DSLR has good optical stabilization and/or you have a very steady hand! i enjoy filming and editing almost as much as riding and will be looking at buying a video camera soon to film others at events.

were you shooting at 50fps?

Edited by sherconoob

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you liked the visuals, Ken. As far as the music goes, I tried to keep it pretty chilled out so as not to distract from the riding. I didn't remove the sounds from the shots unless they were in slow motion (which was a fair bit of the video). In my experience, if the sound is not adding to the video, it is taking away from it. I kept the sounds of the bikes in there as much as possible.

I'd love to make an edit with no music at some point, but the shots I had just weren't right for it.

personally i liked the music choice and application. even if i didn't i know the work that goes into a video and will respect the videographer's choice of music and style if i'm not paying to watch it!

on some forums guys start threads asking riders to post videos without music.... seems to be a constructive way to go about getting what you want (when you aren't paying for the videos you watch).

• 2 weeks later...

very nicely filmed, i assume the DSLR has good optical stabilization and/or you have a very steady hand! i enjoy filming and editing almost as much as riding and will be looking at buying a video camera soon to film others at events.

were you shooting at 50fps?

I was shooting on my 28mm-300mm lens with image stabilization which definitely helped. I had to run a few of the shots through an image stabilizer before editing as well haha, I suppose sometimes I have a steady hand too! I was shooting in 720p at 60fps with my Nikon D600! Glad everyone is enjoying the video!