Body Armour (Or Not?)

tim999

I use these for mountain biking GForm pads very thin and work very well as they dont restrict movement. Dont use them for trials riding but my friends reckon they are great for that use as they would not be noticed under clothing looking like a wuss ;)

http://www.blackleaf...CFfMdtAod7mYASg

Ps Go a bigger size than what you need on size chart as they are small fitting.

Edited by smalley250
  • Like 1

I use these for mountain biking GForm pads very thin and work very well as they dont restrict movement. Dont use them for trials riding but my friends reckon they are great for that use as they would not be noticed under clothing looking like a wuss ;)

http://www.blackleaf...CFfMdtAod7mYASg

Ps Go a bigger size than what you need on size chart as they are small fitting.

Hey there a great find . Nowt wrong with protection as long as it does its job. Got a pin and screws in my shoulder and had i not had protection on my injury would have been worse . But i'm very conciouse of hurting my knees and elbows so think i'll be having some of these.

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked on eBay for ideas and quite like the look of the EVS RS8 knee protection.

i bought a pair a few years ago as it looked like a good compromise between knee guards and full on knee braces. i found the buckles kept breaking and the straps stretched and were weak... the only way to make them work was buying velcro and making up a pile of straps to hold them on securely.

they actually do a pretty good job now but found them next to useless originally. possibly they have upgraded them now? i know everyone had similar complaints a few years ago. see this thread.

all the trials riders i've started riding with only have knee guards or no protection at all. but i have to use some kind of bracing due to dodgy knees.