New To Trials This Year, Long Time Dirt Bike Rider.

zuendapp

Welcome to the weird wonderful world of trials! If you are looking for competitions I think Trials Incorporated is the club that would include your state. (Unless of course my knowledge of geography is crap.....which it is)

He Glenn,

My first race bike was a 1972 Zundapp MC125, The attached photo is from 2007

Wheelies are easy, I am having a hard time figuring out Up / Down turns on a steeper side hill around a tree. Just don't have the technique and confidence yet?

ZuendappTeam-1.jpg

I recommend finding riding partners,nothing will accelerate your learning curve than riding with experienced Trialsers, I know a few guys in western PA that would be very glad to have another rider along. I also recommend observing/scoring at the first event you can attend(we just had one in Toronto,Oh last weekend) you will only have to punch scorecards as you'll be paired with someone who has done it before and you'll be able to watch all skill levels. Watch the rider more than the bike.

I recommend finding riding partners,nothing will accelerate your learning curve than riding with experienced Trialsers, I know a few guys in western PA that would be very glad to have another rider along. I also recommend observing/scoring at the first event you can attend(we just had one in Toronto,Oh last weekend) you will only have to punch scorecards as you'll be paired with someone who has done it before and you'll be able to watch all skill levels. Watch the rider more than the bike.

Excellent suggestion,

Biffsgasgas was at that event.........I heard Ryan Young took some time to do some observing.

Biffsgasgas while riding the section told Ryan "Thank you for checking" and then promptly went over the bars. :rotfl:

(I tell the story because Biffsgasgas posted a pic of me going over the bars in the "Show your GasGas" thread)