Stiff/hard Clutch And Hard Front Brake On Txt Pro 250

paul_b1

About half way down the page in the link is a link to 3 videos showing how to repair the clutch on TXT Pro bikes. When I first got my 2002-280 my forearms were buldging after a few minutes riding.

I went for a new clutch pack and had a lovely 1 finger light clutch. I could also have tried different thickness steel plates but the new clutch pack put it right in spec.

The videos are a fantastic resource showing how to do most jobs.

http://www.trialspartsusa.com/youtube.html

Thinner plates sorted my father in laws stiff clutch.

This was after putting a new clutch kit in.

Using the new thicker plates with the kit made to much clearance so we used some new plates and some old. Clutch is back to being super light.

Also with the stiff front brake, mine is te same on an 07 250 pro. I'm used to it now but at first I found it hard to judge between half brake and full.

New pads may make it more spongey but I prefer sharp brakes for pulling stoppys.

Been lead to believe that its the pressure plate that cause's the stiffness.......don't how true this is but will be stripping and having a look in the next week or so.....will update.

As for brake.......not sure about fluid but will drain, flush and replace and see what that brings.

Thanks!