2003 Gas Gas Txt Pro Gearbox Problem!

renegade master

Ok after a long day working on the blue gas gas I think the end result might be ok,....... frist to sort out the water seeping from the head I removed the head again and put some Instant gasket on the spacer plate and re tightined it up, put everthing back, tryed to start it and it wouldnt fire!!!..... I then noticed blackish petrol seeping from the exhaust port at the head? so I kept trying to start it but no good. I thought it must have been something to do with me putting the gasket on the head.... so off with the head again.... I then moved the pistion up and down with the kick start leaver while at the same time looking into the barrel, I saw petrol bubbling and frathing up at the top of the pistion..... So then back on with head again after cleaning off some of the instant gasket stuff and still wouldnt fire up?.... so I took off the exhuast at the head and what ya know.... it was full and I mean full of petrol? how ever this got in there in dont know but when I empted it out and put it back on, the bike fired up! and is running fine now.... so hopfully test it out at the weekend.

So thanks again to all of you for your support and good advice which was such a good resource to me

Regards,

Colin