Aftermarket Reeds

5again

Anybody know of a UK stockist for either of Boyesens, V Force or Active reeds, I usually use BVM however they don't seem to know much about these.

Will jetting stay the same after fitment to a 04 290, I'm just looking to try smoothen the low / mid power if poss.

Many thanks.

Cannot help with a supplier for the reeds but as I understand if you make a spacer to fit between the existing reed housing and the crankcases from some alloy sheet say 4-6mm thick (the reed valve will then be further back from the engine) this softens and smooths out the power delivery very nicely.

I have never tried this but am assured it works very well indeed.

It would not cost much at all to try out so nothing to lose why not give it a go.

Boysens are great, the number escapes me but think its 665 the same as a beta mx 125 again not sure. The 05 has the spacer fitted as standard and its a lot better, never felt the need to retard the ignition on any sherco but know it takes the sharpness away if thats what you want. Try a vx plug aswell thats nice. Another useful mod is to keyhole the radiator bottom plastic cover thingies that makes it a doddle to clean.