Beta Techno Information Required

stevem099

Hi all. Firstly great forum some very interesting reads. I've recently brought a beta techno. I plan on tidying it up, noticed the crankcase has cracked and been welded at some point and it's not pretty so will strip down and get it rewelded inside and out or poss a new case. Which brings me on to my questions. I can't seem to find any technical data for the bike I thought it was a 1998 beta have said its a 1996.

1.does anyone know where I can get data, service manuals, wiring diagrams from?

2.is there any major differences in engines and frame parts between the years?

3.is it actually a beta engine or is it a rebranded rotax etc?

Many thanks

Steve

Beta UK are very forthcoming with wiring diagrams, i asked for a '97 schematic and Mr Lampkin had it to my inbox within a day.

They have pics of each years Techno's on the site too:

http://www.beta-uk.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:1996&catid=44:models '96

http://www.beta-uk.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77:1998&catid=44:models '98

Thanks all for replys :)

I emailed beta uk and they where very helpful from photos told me my bike is a 96 with 95-94 forks on it. Very impressive :) I've also spoken to haven trials about a few parts etc and they where brilliant really helpful..

I've managed to source some second hand crankcases so looks Like I'll be doing full rebuild :) also whilst it's in bits I'll go over frame and suspension links bushes etc. was the techno known for any issues in particular?

Many thanks

Steve

I got my replacement crankcases today and noticed my stator plate will not fit. I presume my old engine is 1995 or earlier the new is 1998. My old stator uses the screws on the outside of the plate to secure it this case has extra castings in the center and 3 offset screws to hold it.. Can anyone confirm this n what years stator will fit my new cases? Also would I need to buy new flywheel etc?

Many thanks steve

Edited by stevem099

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Well the engines back in now rebuilt. My next issue is the wiring. I had to use later crankcases so also had to use that generator (due to mountings being different) I believe the engine is 1998-99 and I'm trying to wire it up to a 1995 ish bike. My old bike has 4 wires the new has 5 possibly 6 going into a multi plug. Can anyone send me a wiring diagram or shed some light on the situation

Many thanks

Steve