Clutch Cover ?

axulsuv

Does anybody know if the latter aircooled clutch sidecover will bolt on to my trusty 240 ?

The oil level window would be convenient ...!

Glenn

PS , I think from a FM 403 ? Air cooled mono , disc/drum bike ..

Edited by axulsuv

I was thinking that the larger cover for the clutch would mean that the cases would be larger,but eyeball measuring looks like it "might" fit,the 240 clutch cover is stepped down in diameter where my 309 isn't,this might mean that a 305-309 clutch could possibly fit if the larger cover was used...I really don't want to swipe anything off of my 309,I will be tearing it down for rod replacement in a few months,I'll check on swapability then.Don't really need the bigger clutch as I've got the 240 clutch working dreamy,but the 309 clutch action is definitely better.

I compared it to another new clean and shiny cover I forgot I had .... (old age is hell !! ) , The dia. of the clutch portion is just a tick bigger , and the casting protrudes a little where the sight glass is , so it may hold a few extra drops of oil ...Then I got a note from a trusted Fantic fellow , and he said it will bolt on , all the way up to the early Kroo ! And I just remembered I've got a couple compete gasket sets out in the shop somewhere , so I'll triple check before I lay the 240 on it's side and open her up .

Glenn

• Like 1