Gas Gas Txt Pro Exhaust

chris west

I am new to this and posted about six probs with this bike I've bought .. U see it was in storage for 5 years and a right mess when I got it .. I'm trying to set the carb up now .. It idled great for about 30 Seconds then revs like crazy I have to shut it off at switch .. I've just stripped carb down today cleaned all jet but changed needle clip to its lowest notch .. Is this the problem .. Thanks for help

Chris, you should reply to Jon on the Boyesen reed post on what jets you found. Also verify what carb you have. It should be the VHST (flat slide), but the jetting you have is off for any that I remember.

Lineway, Chris has a 2002 so the carb is undoubtedly a PHBL26. The VHST was only used on the 2003 Pro and is actually a pretty good carb (if you bought a new one) but I think they had a manufacturing defect/design in 03' that made them hard to tune.

Hopefully he will post the jetting and we'll see if that's part of the problem.

Cheers.

Jon

He said earlier a 140 and a 30 pilot. I would have swore one post he said it was a 2003.

Jetting seems to be off: main should be probably a #118, pilot a #36 or #38 and try clip second groove from top. I don't remember any PHBL's with lower than a #35 pilot stock. May have been trying to compensate for the over rich main.

I run a 116/38 combo in my 02' Pro but it has some mods.

Jon

He had two posts that are gone. Yeah, I know what either carbs are supposed to be, it sounded like mikuni jetting. He has something strange going on.

Seems quite a bit off, the VHST takes an even smaller main. Like I say, never assume a used bike you've bought has proper jetting (or has had any maintenance)....:)

Jon