Reed Block Assembly

chris west

Please help ,,!!! Having a nightmare installing a set of boyesen dual stage reeds .. I've managed to get the old ones out but when trying to install the new ones I'm struggling. If I screw the reeds and rev plate in I then can't fit the square reed block over the ends of the screws and if I try to screw them in with the metal block in position the holes are obstructed. It's driving me mental and am gunna end up damaging something if forcing it .

Thanks

Please help ,,!!! Having a nightmare installing a set of boyesen dual stage reeds .. I've managed to get the old ones out but when trying to install the new ones I'm struggling. If I screw the reeds and rev plate in I then can't fit the square reed block over the ends of the screws and if I try to screw them in with the metal block in position the holes are obstructed. It's driving me mental and am gunna end up damaging something if forcing it .

Thanks

Sounds like a little file work with a rat tail file on the inside of the spacer would do the trick?

Jon

What I mean is ... Is the rev plate provided with the reeds a replacement for the original one ..the standard one come 3 quarters up the reeds whereas the new one only covers the bottom strip where screws are ... HELP !!

The rev plate supplied with the Boyesen Reeds is a replacement for the original one. There is no need for the original. Just store it somewhere if ever you want to go back to original. I doubt you will, as once you have got needle and jets set up well, you will really appreciate what the Boyesen Reeds provide.

What I mean is ... Is the rev plate provided with the reeds a replacement for the original one ..the standard one come 3 quarters up the reeds whereas the new one only covers the bottom strip where screws are ... HELP !!

A "rev plate" is the small thin, sheet metal plate (often gold in color) to equalize clamping pressure on the reed base, a "reed stop" is the, usually longer, thicker, curved plate used to dampen reed flutter as well as equalize clamping pressure.

Jon