Piston Diametre For Rear Brake Cylinder 200 Txt Year 2000

expat_boy

Ordering a master cyclinder kit for a 2000 Gas Gas txt 200 over the phone and he needs to know the piston diametre to make sure he sends the right part. Trouble is, I am miles from home and have no way to do this and despearately want to get the part so I can ride this Xmas!!!!.

Does anyone know the piston diametre?

bought the bike and has needed a lot of work.... the resevoir had a hole so replaced that....bought a motion pro bleed tool which has a 1 way check valve, used a friends suction tool, had a look at the master cylinder and was all rusted and gunky..... decided to bite the bullet and buy the cylinder :( would have tried using a syringe but couldnt find a place in time as i want to ride over xmas..... have to say tho.... trials bikes are a pain to work on compared to my honda crf 450 motocrosser!!! still.... we can but try!

I don't think they are a pain to work on but there are a lot of people out there that never do any maintenance and just bodge stuff when it breaks or just keep riding them when things don't work properly.

Then just sell them on and buy a newer one...

TLTEL

• Like 1

expat ,there maybe another potential problem though.Maybe not, but you have to think your on a bike at 14 years old ish and the cylinder maybe getting worn . How many times has that piston stroked ? You get where i'm coming from . If it's not leaking and functioning ok, my self i would leave it alone .

I had this and came to the same conclusion as iv'e said . When needed ,i'll be biting the bullet and buying the £60+ cylinder or finding somthing else that will work. I have a 280 txt edition 2000 and to get the cylinder off is a piece of cake. Undo the two screws on the black wear covers on the frame, slacken the two allen bolts which go through to the frame . Remove the brake pedal,remove the banjo bolt ,remove the feed line,remove the slackend allen bolts , there you go . Not that you needed to be told that but just passing on expierience if you want it.

Best regards Ted.

Edited by shyted