Hiro 320

mont315

You are correct for asking, one is the drain, the other is the de-dent with a spring for the shift drum. The bolt should be the drum, the hex should be the oil. Let`s see if someone else has an opinion..

just my luck both are hex and worn so cant undo either one, looking at the engine diagrams it look's to me its the outer of the two will wait and see what else is said :thumbup:

thank you lineaway, I had emailed Armstrong about it but had no reply back until today and like you said its the inner most plug :thumbup:

There are two hex headed bolts on the underside of the engine on the left hand side as you sit on the bike. The oil drain is the inner of the two, but the outer is just the neutral detent cap, so it wouldn't be a disaster if you accidentally removed it. Don't over tighten the bolt - it is quite a short thread and I have seen many stripped ones! I havn't seen any with allen heads, so maybe yours have been changed?

'hope this helps

cheers

john

Edited by mont315