Hello People. :)

elliotsdaddy

Hello all.

Just a quicky.

My name is Chris (32) and i live in Gloucestershire, Engalnd.

I have been wanting to get into trials (not competitive) for a while now.

I've had a few tasty dirt bikes over the years but after a run in, quite literally, with a dear, I've shelved the whole bike thing for a fair while.

That was quite a few years ago, and living in the Forest Of Dean it seems a shame to let all the acres of tasty woodland go to waste, so here I am.

Away with all the motocross bikes of old and in with the skillful trials bike I think.

I have always felt that with motocross bikes, a YZ250 being my preferred weapon of choice, you tend to just hold on and go flat out until you can't hold on any longer.

What appeals to me with trials is the steady skillful nature with which you go about your business. I can see how doing trials makes you a much better rider thanks to the control it requires. I take my hat off to you all.

I have discovered that rather than buying a trailer etc I could just do my CBT and buy a registered bike.

I'm minutes from a wooded playground so it makes sense to take that route.

I am looking forward to browsing the site and learning as much as possible.

If there are any local riders to me maybe I can get some tips on how to stop face planting the earth. :)

Until then perhaps once a bike purchase has been made I can just upload videos of me falling off.

Thanks for reading my 'hello'.

Chris.

• Like 1

CONTACT US

HOMECONTACT US

You need to give Steve Suanders a ring, he can advise and really helpful and in your county

You can contact Saunders Extreme Sports with any of the following details....

address. SXS Ltd, Unit 62 Staunton Court,Ledbury Road.Staunton.Gloucester GL19 3QS

tel. 01452 849458

mobile. 07973 632786

fax. 01242675015

email. ssaunders691@googlemail.c

CONTACT US

HOMECONTACT US

You need to give Steve Suanders a ring, he can advise and really helpful and in your county

You can contact Saunders Extreme Sports with any of the following details....

address. SXS Ltd, Unit 62 Staunton Court,Ledbury Road.Staunton.Gloucester GL19 3QS

tel. 01452 849458

mobile. 07973 632786

fax. 01242675015

email. ssaunders691@googlemail.c

I remember going to see Steve at a little demonstration in the forest of dean when I was a kid. Quite a while ago now.

I remember he was doing stoppies/front wheelies/endos, whatever it is they're called, down some pretty steep slopes, and as a kid who had always wanted a bike, that stuff was ace to watch.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

Chris.

Hello all.

If there are any local riders to me maybe I can get some tips on how to stop face planting the earth. :)

Chris.

Welcome to Trials, you will have a great time riding.

Most of us on here will be able to give tips on HOW TO face plant, butt plant, step off, etc...... :chairfall:

How NOT TO do those things escapes the majority of us.

(If you ain't crashing, you ain't learning)

• Like 2

Welcome to Trials, you will have a great time riding.

Most of us on here will be able to give tips on HOW TO face plant, butt plant, step off, etc...... :chairfall:

How NOT TO do those things escapes the majority of us.

(If you ain't crashing, you ain't learning)

Ha ha very true. :)

While attending to my motocross interest I always said that if you dont fall off now and then you're not going fast enough.

Turns out that all you really need is to ride straight into the side of a rather stubborn Dear. There not very squishy either....kind of like hitting a fluffy brick wall at speed.....poor thing. :(

Or at least scaring yourself once in awhile , But it is a fun ride ...

Scaring yourself is half the fun I think.

I like to look at obsticles and think that there is no way I can get over that....and then have a go and find out I was right......oh and by obsticles I really mean sticks, twigs and muddy puddles. :)

Chris.

I was wondering what you meant by "...a run in, quite literally, with a dear..."

Two interpretations:

1) a Deer - fuzzy, cute woods animal with 4 legs

2) a Dear - a sometimes cute animal with 2 legs, that lives in our houses, spends our money and generally tries to make us understand that "fun" involves, shopping, or doing chores, rather than what we know to be true: fun is spending time with powered equipment, good buddies and beer.

Remember, you don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding! Stay Young!

I was wondering what you meant by "...a run in, quite literally, with a dear..."

Two interpretations:

1) a Deer - fuzzy, cute woods animal with 4 legs

2) a Dear - a sometimes cute animal with 2 legs, that lives in our houses, spends our money and generally tries to make us understand that "fun" involves, shopping, or doing chores, rather than what we know to be true: fun is spending time with powered equipment, good buddies and beer.

Remember, you don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding! Stay Young!

Haha yes well it was the first kind. But as it turned out I would've preferred it to have been the second kind at the time........just had to divorce her in the end. Not as much fun as the bike route. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds perfect place to get into the trials scene, done it for about 8 years just returning now and love it. Best days of summer youl have and winter if you dont mind the weather!!

Enjoy, this forum is usually packed with helpful tips and advice.