Valuation

chris west

Last post now as I have two on the go..

So can I get some advice ..

I recently bought a 2003 txt pro 280 ..

I have serviced it .. Changed all hydraulic oils ...front and rear pads ..front and rear wheel bearing ... All rear suspension linkage bearings .. New talon chain and sprockets ... New chain tensioner .. New clutch .. New steering bearings .. New fork oil and seals ... Kicks first time ... Anyone help with an honest asking price as I want a raga rep now .. Thanks post-19258-0-64617700-1390057500_thumb.jpg

Hi !

You mention you have spent around £550 on the bike since you got it !

Unsure if all of the things you've changed were actually worn out etc or you have done this for your own piece of mind.

Local guy to us just sold one of these. Same year, model with pants, helmet, boots and bike rack for £1100. IMHO I'd say between £800 and £1100. All of the new bits you've added will surely make it an attractive buy for someone as it's all stuff they should not need to shell out for.

It must be higher in value than I paid as I have spent over 550 doing it up

Surely that would depend on what you paid for it ?

I would say ball park £1000 resale value, it is, afterall, an 11 year old bike.

All the jobs defo needed doing ... Nothing left on pads . No needles left in bearings .. Hydraulic oil was black etc etc ... If I took a grand for it .. Grim I paid 900 for it . .. First bike I've bought .. Newby mistake .. It's mint now . . Prob better of keeping it .. Everything bar the engine is new

Unfortunately you bought a very neglected bike to start with, so probably paid a little too much for it. You rarely get back the money you spent out on what are basicly service items.

I would say £1000 maybe £1100

Beware the next time you buy a bike, at least you now know all the points to look at before you part with your cash.

TLTEL