199 Crank Seal Holders...

bully m92

If you've tried the usual sources, you've probably overlooked John Collins at JC Motorcycles, Port Talbot. He has used Bultaco parts.

You could also try Wakefield Offroad as they have broken lots of trials bikes over the years.

• Like 1

Cheers woody, don't suppose its possible to put 2 bearings in to take up the space?

I don't know. Not sure if the crank is suitable for 2 bearings so I can't give you a definitive answer. However, I can't see any obvious reason why a later holder without the deeper insert couldn't be used. But I could be missing the obvious...

By the way, you only use a gasket or an O ring, depending on which holder you have. Not both together.

I don't know. Not sure if the crank is suitable for 2 bearings so I can't give you a definitive answer. However, I can't see any obvious reason why a later holder without the deeper insert couldn't be used. But I could be missing the obvious...

By the way, you only use a gasket or an O ring, depending on which holder you have. Not both together.

Cheers woody, i was wondering whether to use a different holder. I realised about just using the o ring, or the gasket.

Thing is if i use another holder, will it affect using the wear sleeve, or do they all have the wear sleeve?

Cheers Hywel.

A company called Motos del Abuelo do various seal housings, http://www.motosdelabuelo.com/

Click on the Bultaco parts catalogue and they are on page 22. I emailed them last week with a drawing of mine which I think is the same as yours, 15.5mm deep from gasket face to inside face. The price is 22 euros but the P&P is a bit steep at 30 euros.

Like I said in an earlier post, if I can't get hold of a decent used one I'm going to machine one so if you're stuck give me a shout and I'll make two but I wont be able to get on it for a couple of weeks.

Dave.