Tlr 200 Shift Lever

mmmexico

I have seen a couple of TLRs on this forum with shift levers attached directly to the original splined shaft and then bending around the side case cover instead of going through the rather convoluted shift linkage which is now on my TLR. Can anyone tell me what lever was used? I can then visit e-bay and get a used one for just about nothing…right???

Such a shaft leaves me with a longish reach to the lever, but that's OK because my boot does not easily go under the lever in it's current position, and the linkage is getting loose and wobbly.

Hope to hear from someone..

Mike

I installed one of a XR100 that was hanging on the wall in my shop , MSR folding tip , I think i paid about $20.00 for it ... Then my kid killed the XR and I cut the frame up and used the wheels and suspension bits to build my other son's big wheeled TY80 , that got swapped for the Reflex ... I never throw any bike parts away !

Glenn

Thanks for the responses. Actually I have a shift lever from my TY175 which is waiting for parts for a restoration. I just checked it and it does exactly what I want it to do, i.e. go around the side case cover. That's all I wanted. I'll use the TY lever for the Honda TLR and round up something else for the TY when it is finished. BTW the TY lever is pretty agricultural, I will be looking for something a little better finished/lighter when the time comes.

Thanks for the responses

Mike