The Blue Boy And Lil Boy Blue Build

wfo speedracer

• 6 years later...

So whoever said that TL 125 rims lace right up and work lied or at the very least left out some important details, they might lace up but not with stock spokes, I am not really fully grasping what is going one here but all of the longer spokes are too long and the shorter spokes are too short, the DID rims have a deep drop center which throws everything off, of course I found this out afte puling apart two front rims and lacing the DID up to the TLR front hub, kinda p****d right now.

So if i get this correct ... that's the mold you are going to use to build it with carbon fiber right?  you will keep posting pictures of the progress I hope:-)

So from the seat  mold you then use the original tank to build it or the mini tank? is that mini tank form a particular pit bike like a KTM 50? what kind of fiberglass you use to make the mold?  is just looks so clean and thin !!!!

Yes that's the mold in the pic, type of fiberglass does not really matter unless you are doing a production mold that will be making many parts, yes I had an old beater tank that was crusty and rusty, I also had the fiberglass seat piece I had already made, I just combined the two, the plastic tank is off a Ktm 50. Those last two pics were of the plug the mold was made from. I will be posting pics I am making the shell out of carbo fiber , it won't be visual carbon , it will be painted.

Edited by wfo speedracer