macdee

hi men

i have a honda seeley in the garage thats needs a little help

i need the bushes and pin for the swinging arm mud guards

exhaust maybe the kick start

i would also like info on the bike manuals etc

all help would be appreciated

thanks

Bushes and spindle may need to be made up, if you can get dimensions it shouldn't be expensive, Mud guards crop up on ebay but you may as well use pattern parts again on ebay, exhausts are not available, but Wes can be adapted, there is someone making a pipe for Seeley yet again they sometimes list on ebay,. If you struggle with the spindle and bushes and get dimensions pm me I may be able to point you to someone to sort them.

hi men thanks for the help

will check up on the info you have supplied

took a quick look at the frame and noticed that there,s is a crack at the head stock on the box section

do you know what the frame is made form and the best way to fix it tig/braze

thanks again

Hello macdee,

Welcome to the Seeley owners club

Honda part number for the swinging arm bushes 52147-028-300 its not easy getting the old ones out

you may need to series drill out the rubber to release the inner bush and then use a hacksaw blade to cut through the outer casing to

release the tension this will allow you to pull it out easily. Most engineering shops can produce a spindle in stainless with an 8mm

internal thread to allow you retain it in place. ps I have posted a link to e bay on the other Seeley threads re an exhaust.

• Like 1

hi men thanks for the help

will check up on the info you have supplied

took a quick look at the frame and noticed that there,s is a crack at the head stock on the box section

do you know what the frame is made form and the best way to fix it tig/braze

thanks again

Hi Macdee, Early frames were prone to cracking where the box section meets the headstock. This was addressed on later frames with a reinforcing plate brazed over the last 50 mm or so of the box, up to the headstock. Around the same time, the swinging arm support plates on the frame were thickened up as they were very thin on the early ones.

The Renold 531 sticker on the swinging arm when the bikes were new related to just the swinging arm, and not the main frame.

It might be best to see a later frame to see what was done.

Hi Macdee, Early frames were prone to cracking where the box section meets the headstock. This was addressed on later frames with a reinforcing plate brazed over the last 50 mm or so of the box, up to the headstock. Around the same time, the swinging arm support plates on the frame were thickened up as they were very thin on the early ones.

The Renold 531 sticker on the swinging arm when the bikes were new related to just the swinging arm, and not the main frame.

It might be best to see a later frame to see what was done.

thanks trickymicky

would you or anyone else have a photo of the mods done to the frame of the tl200

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...