Which One To Buy?

maverick73

Hi, I am going to return to trials after a 10 year break and have found a couple of bikes locally that I am interested in. The 1st one is a 2010 250 Pro and the 2nd is a 2012 300.

I have been riding trials on and off since I was 16 and am now pushing 50 so I have a bit of experience and my last bike was a 2003 280 Pro.

Both the bikes are known to me and are both in excellent condition but I have read about the issues with the Formula brakes on the 2012 bikes and i'm a little concerned I may be giving myself a lot of hassle.

My question is this, should the brake issue on the 2012 put me off buying the bike?.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply thedbf. From what I have read on here it seems that a lot of people have experienced problems so its nice to know that from what you have said it hasn't affected everyone. Maybe I'm just being over cautious .

Edited by maverick73

I would still be concerned as the riders in the `know` swapped the Ajp`s off their old bikes. There has been several threads about updating the formula`s. I have a friend that gave up and bought a new bike in anguish. You also could just be lucky and not have a problem at all. My vote would be the AJP`s.

Thanks for the reply. The 2012 bike has been used for 2 trials and has been sat in a garage due to the owner not having time to ride so it is virtually new. The guy has not experienced any problems since he has had the bike but after reading some of the threads on here the alarm bells started ringing. I have been offered the bike at a very good price and if it wasn't for the Formula issue I would have bought it by now. In an ideal world I would have preferred the bike to be fitted with Ajp parts but it seems too good a buy to miss when by the sounds of it the problem didn't affect every bike made.