The Hunt Is Over...

elliotsdaddy

Morning all.

As some of you may or may not know, I have been looking for a bike for a little while now.

I am happy to inform that my quest for a trial bike is now at an end.

I have been searching everywhere for something that tickles my fancy.

You know what it's like, looking at the same pictures of the same bikes on the same websites a couple of times a day just in case 'the one' pops up.

I was starting to think that I would have to drive to the other side of the country to get one as a lot of the adverts seemed to be about 3hrs North from me.

I viewed a few bikes, which included a knackerd 2005 TXT Pro Gas Gas 250 from a deler and a 2004 Sherco 290 that was about 20 miles from me. Nice and local.

I was keen to make a purchase of the Sherco but the owner sold it before I could get back to him.

At the time I was really gutted. It was a great bike for what he was asking for it.

In hindsight though, I'm really glad I didn't get that one.

At the begining of last week I clocked a 2007 Sherco 290 on eBay that was less than 5 miles from me.

It was on a 7 day listing so I watched it with intent hoping that nobody would bid on it.

The advert was short on info and the pictures were taken at dusk so it was hard to get an idea of what it was like.

I popped down to see it on Saturday, about 24hrs before the end of the auction.

It started first kick and I was sold on it.

It has the usual battle scars of a trial bike, obviously, but it's pretty tidy.

Its been treated to some fat bars with risers, boysen (not too sure on the spelling) reeds, uprated rear shock, uprated carb, fork rebuild etc.

The only thing I wanted was for it to be road registered, but there was no mention of that, which was a shame. That would've made it the perfect bike for me.

I wanted to do a deal there and then but I was going to go in below the starting bid.

It was worth that all day long, and the owner knew it, but you can always come up when doing a deal. It's cheeky but you've got to give it a go.

After a bit of a good old haggle and banter I got the bike for exactly what I wanted to pay, I was well chuffed and beaming.

I was given a few bits and bobs, old carb, spare front brake caliper etc, and amongst the paperwork was the present V5....woo hoo! How sweet is that?

A 2007 road registered Sherco 290 that was on my doorstep.....result. The chap even dropped it off for me, thanks very much. :)

I can't tell you how happy I am. What a great day Saturday turned out to be.

• Like 2