Explorer To Trials Bike Conversion

hendrik

Viper: I 100% agree with andy1.

That_a_five - even though 4RT and TR280 are EFI - they are very different bikes and start much differently.

Yes, you are correct, they are very different bikes. I thought I had made it clear that I was describing how the EFI on my 4RT was affected by the starting procedure. My point was to have Viper consider both mechanical factors and starting technique factors in his quest to get the bike running.

I did find it interesting, when Lotus54 described his starting technique for his Ossa Explorer, that it is very similar to mine. Particularly the need to leave the throttle untouched while starting the bike.

Just trying to help a fellow rider. I know you regularly help many riders as well.

Cheers.

Oops... it was just a technique issue basically I was just kicking it with the crank midway. What I do now is take it to the top then I use my hands to push it down one notch. Then give it 1 or 2 kicks it fires right up from cold. I can do it justt from sitting down without my left leg high and im only 5'7. Now I cant believe how easy it starts! Lol

• 3 months later...