How Many Grades Do You Run ?

howard wallace

I'm guessing he means "lines" or "classes".

Here in the U.S. it varies a little between different parts of the country because we have different sanctioning bodies or associations.

In the Southeast U.S. we have Vintage competition with four lines of difficulty.

For the modern bikes we have 6. Of course, there are some occasions where two classes will ride the same line during part of the section. Our classes are: ( from easiest to hardest ) Novice - Intermediate -Sportsman - Advanced - Expert - Pro. Hope I've helped.

If you mean classes for trials. We can generally find the following. Youth A,B,C & D Adult Expert, Intermediate, Clubman, Over 40, Twinshock and pre-65 Some clubs also have sidecars and over 50's.

If you mean routes, then most club trials have three routes. Many Centre and Nationals have two. The word Easy is subjective. I like to think that the words " less challenging" are more appropriate.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant rider classes. Here we run Expert, A ,B, C ,Greybeards on C line over 40, Masters on B line over 35, Clubman, Junior on clubman line,Junior on C line, Mini and matching Ladies classes. Sure I`ve missed a few as well.

So you can see why I wonder what the rest of the world are doing ?

its varies considerable (we run several events at our own venue) depending on the event

1 centre (regional) championship trial - traditionally 3 to 4 routes with he following classes : experts, inters, novice, youth A, B, C, Twinshock, pre67 A, B, C, D, Sidecars and pre67 sidecars. this year we changed it and ran 10 section of two routes for the experts and inters and another 10 sections of 2 routes for everyone else --> reaction was mixed but its the only event when everyone in the centre is together for everything (except youth C & D championship)

1 "expert" trial - 3 routes, 3 classes : "super" expert, expert and Twinshock expert

4 evening trials - 4 routes, anyone can enter (ie no classes - everything has turned up from pre67 to youth D, to sidecars to trail bikes), the routes are generally expert, inter, novice, wobbler

1 long distance trail - for trail bikes over 100 miles (sections all over), 5 classes (4 capacity based and a pre67 class) --> this is really a different kettle of fish - mostly trail, road legal enduro and the odd pre67 - one route

1 beginners and wobbler trial - 2 routes and 2 classes- one easier than novice and really easy (trail bike able)

1 sidecar trial - 4 routes and 4 classes - expert, inter, novice and pre67

1 combine trial - 3 routes (normally) and lots of classes - expert, expert B, inter, novice, Twinshock, Pre 67 A,B,C,D and Youth A&B - we'ld do sidecars if they would turn up

1 pre67 trial - 2 routes and 9 classes - A (hard), A (easy), B (hard), B (easy), C, D, E (hard), E (easy), and sidecars

very confusing!!!

rabie :wacko: