Not Running Right

burnleytazz

hi all. i was out last weekend and my throttle stuck open twice
so got in shed changed throttle cable and slide as the slide was badly worn making it stick open. i also cleaned carb and jets with carb cleaner
i thought everything was fine throttle worked fine no sticking open
so i got bike back out but its just not running right on half and full throttle. So back in shed thought reed petals
put new reeds in started it up and its stiill the same
the bike run fine before i changed cable and the slide
plz plz plz Help

could it be jetting can it just suddenly require differnt size jets plz help want to b playing this weekend

No it wont be your jets. As above, make sure your slide/needle is assembled corectly. If thats not it, I would first change the pulg (cheap enough and eliminates that part) then check that you didnt create any air leaks removing and installing carb. You might also want to recheck that your pilot jet is clean and clear. Carb cleaner can blast gunk into places it shouldnt be. Im presuming you removed the jets to clean them properly or did you do the blast and hope its sorted stunt?

Sorry I misread. Recheck your main jet.

Also make sure your new cable is the same length and that your slide is opening all the way. A few mm of extra length will not le the bike rev out clean. Check throttle adjustment.

This does not sound like a vacuum problem or idle jet problem - those usually have a bigger effect on idle and slow running.

It sounds like the clip that locates the needle in the slide may be at a different height than in the previous slide. Did you swap the needle from the previous slide to the new one? If it is a new needle, it may have a different taper than the old needle.

hi cheers for the fast replies lads

the slide didnt come with a needle used the original the slide size is a 60 same as before i think the clip is positioned on the 2nd recess

also the main jet is that the one holding float bowl on

i removed and cleaned all jets except the one that spring up and down. i will strip down tomorrow re clean

jetting can not suddenly change but after working on a bike you can upset something cause a blockage or air leak if the air flow changes it gives incorrect jetting symptoms if jets are incorrect for some reason it will run lean causing pinking running hot and a white plug ,running rich will cause it to be spluttery smokey wet out the exhaust black wet plug getting fouled and causing weak spark it sounds like something you have changed

• Like 1

Jetting is very important to the running of the bike. When you changed the slide the 2 most likely things that would cause the symptoms you describe are:

1) the needle is set too high (clip too low on needle)

2) wrong slide.

Whenever you have a symptom starts right after you change some part, the best place to start looking is at that new part. check:

Is it the correct part?

Is it installed the same as the old part?

Is it adjusted correctly?

Is the new part damaged or different from the old part?

How did you determine that the slide was badly worn?

Where did you get the new slide?

Is the new slide EXACTLY like the old one except for the wear?

If the slide is badly worn, then the carburetor bore is also likely to be worn. Most carbs are alloy and slide are steel. More likely the alloy will wear before the steel.

thnx to everyone who replied top lads

air flow was restricted from my middle box and silencer i just took silencer off it was still same so took middle box off VERY LOUD but it revved out whoop whoop

so poured petrol in burt all oil out and now ive got better throttle response than ever cheers to all