2012 125 Clutch

roba

Hi 1st post on here and I'm after some advice on switching my sons formula for a ajp master cylinder.

I've never had issues with a clutch before, so never played with one.

Now I've read numerous posts on here and else where on the net,and my question is how much mineral oil do you put in?

Is it to the bottom of the rubber bung type thing in the master cylinder?

And one more thing, do you drain it from the bottom then inject from the bottom back to the top with new mineral?

Thanks for any help Rob

Fill it from the top and let it drain out of the bleed nipple using bleeding technique if necessary.

Once it is bled fill reservoir with sufficient fluid so when you put the rubber thingy in the fluid overflows. You do not want any air under rubber thingy.

Thanks, I will give this ago at the weekend.

There must be a technical term for the rubber thingy?

Often called a "bladder", it's designed to allow air in to the top half (to compensate for fluid drop in the reservoir) but not allow the fluid to escape.

Fill the master cylinder before installation. Pump it to prime. When removing old m/c keep line up right and install new master cylinder. This is the fastest way to install. Less than ten minutes. Just a few pumps will get out the rest of the air. Now the correct way would be to remove the clutch cover and remove the top hat too bleed out all the old fluid. This can make your life difficult. Could take a couple hours. Have fun.