Swm

laird387

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Waiting for the start of the 2008 Sammy Miller round organised by Ilkley Motor club is Anthony Seales with his very tidy SWM, photographed by Barry Robinson.

For a detailed review of the Sammy Miller series since it was created many years ago, you need a subscription to our digital magazine, ORRe.

Remember, I only support this 'trials central' website - any other references to my archive or suggestions that I am cooperating, are strictly not correct.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-47627100-1409329816_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The photo #14 of John Lampkin seems to have Martin Lampkins name written on the fuel tank any idea why?

Hi vonhazza,

Martin Lampkin was the UK importer, (as Martin Lampkin Ltd., Agents), his nephew, John, rode in his team.

Enjoy.

Edited by laird387

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We know this is the 2012 Sammy Miller round organised by the Ilkley club - but we can't see the rider's number - so it's over to the armchair sleuths to recognise him, please.

(Thanks to jentie, John Long from Dorset)

Photo: Jack Knoops, enjoy

post-19290-0-04929800-1411122734_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

• 2 months later...

• 3 months later...

Hi Laird

Thanks for the photos....do you have any of John Reynolds on the SWM in the 78 SSDT ?

Just to correct an earlier post....Martin Lampkin was never the UK SWM importer.

Originally the bikes were imported by Cliff Holden with Peter Quinn as his northern distributor.

Then Jock Wilson took over around 1980 and then Jim Jones from about 1983 until they ceased production.

As far as I am aware, Martin Lampkin was an SWM dealer at the same time he was riding the factory bike....unless anyone knows different.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Laird

Thanks for the photos....do you have any of John Reynolds on the SWM in the 78 SSDT ?

Just to correct an earlier post....Martin Lampkin was never the UK SWM importer.

Originally the bikes were imported by Cliff Holden with Peter Quinn as his northern distributor.

Then Jock Wilson took over around 1980 and then Jim Jones from about 1983 until they ceased production.

As far as I am aware, Martin Lampkin was an SWM dealer at the same time he was riding the factory bike....unless anyone knows different.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for that.

Sorry I don't have any shots of the '78 SSDT with John Reynolds on - but plenty of other shots that are being used in ORRe our digital magazine - here is John dropping a dab in the 1978 Allan Jefferies photographed by Barry Robinson, for example. Of course in the magazine there are no watermarks......

Cheers

Deryk

post-19290-0-95139700-1424811667_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Thanks for the photo Deryk.

Very interesting, I have JR's 78 SSDT bike which I understood he only used in that event,

But your photo has the SSDT number plate on his bike still...so was the Allan Jefferies before or after the Scottish ?

Cheers

Martin