Trial De La Creuse

Having just returned batered and bruised, but not dishartened from the French 4 Day trial held by the St Christophe ATC in Sardent, I have to say that the french have got it spot on.

The organisation, route marking, section layout and facilities were second to none and would not be put off again by the 18 hour journey to get there. We travelled in an N Reg sprinter!!!

Their attitude to motorsport in general is completely different to the UK, " it is more popular than football" I was informed one late evening while sharing a beer or two with the locals. Whole families were present at each section to witness, observe and cheer on the hearty souls who dared to take on all the french could offer!!!!

Routes are Expert, S1, S2 and S3 and Plaisance. The latter generally means you can do the easy course and whatever loops or circuits you wish within the allocated time limit.

For those interested, David Pye, MRS Sherco came second overall in S2 and had a brilliant ride, only beaten by a dastardly frenchman who should have been riding S1.

The not so new Sherco is now in Team headquaters getting rebuilt for this weekends spectacular jaunt into the Swaledale peninsular for what must be described as one of the calender events of the trials year, the 3 Day Reeth Trial.

not too clued up as to what the french 4 day is like, be the reeth three day WILL be an absolute cracker, but must warn any clubmen riders having a go that the clubmen sections may be considered a little tough in places. :wacko:

For those interested, David Pye, MRS Sherco came second overall in S2 and had a brilliant ride, only beaten by a dastardly frenchman who should have been riding S1.

Sorry but the man who won in S2 wasnt French but German ! take a look at the results !

Pleased to see that you enjoyed these 4 days under this so incredible heat!

It's certainly the best French event on several days. In others you cant find the same atmosphere.

To be totally fair David Pye should have being on S1 to, i will next year after havng a good look at sections. Heat was killer on sunday especially when your hung over after celebrating 21st on previous night. :blink:

Hi Nickerlias,

Yes I was the Flying Sherco, that new circus act touring europe. If anyone has it on video or has a photo I would be gratefull!!!

I was also in action on Day 3, Tour 5 when that dastardly cable drum moved off the line as I lined up for the log ride and sent me way over those once pristine and straight Renthal bars and onto my a***!!!

The bread was great but do they do sandwiches!!!!!

The barrier was not a true barrier but in fact a banner for Motul products. Nevertheless, a barrier would not have stopped that bike, flat out in second gear with me holding on for grim death.

Those Pro 8 gloves do grip well!!!!!

GASGASSER :

Could you explain why you have such a pseudo though you ride a Sherco ??

What's this story of flying Sherco at this last fu***ing artificial section ??

I was also the only quite flying woman on this last section on day 3. I landed on both of my knees and both of my elbows. I really hate this stupid section!!!

Celine,

I decided to change my bike just before we left for France, use to have a 250 Pro but have'nt had chance to change my login.

The arena sections looked and were daunting for me anyway, that cable drum and drop off terified the **** out of me!!!!

All in all a fantastic trip away, great sections laid out in fantastic countryside and I will be returning next year with some ample knee protection!!!!

the thing i hated, was launching up that big reel the second lap with the big hole that apeared where it had smashed! also could the trailer bed have had any more oil on it ,nice landing surface!

ps jenks do you always let young girls pour neat vodka down your neck in preperation for a tough single lap day ! top man