Complete Novice Regulations Question

stevem099

Hi all. I'm still rebuilding by bike at the minute but it's getting close to completion I have a few questions..

After I've had some practice time and run the bike in (an old beta techno) I'd like to have a go riding a proper trial. Is there any regulations etc to compete and if so where can I find these? My bike is rather tatty and I remember reading you must have things like balls on the end of your levers I've replaced mine but I'm missing plastics like fork covers, brake disk cover and want to know if these are needed in a trail? In hindsight If I'd spent a little more I could of got a lot cleaner example but have enjoyed rebuilding it and I suppose I know it's mechanically good now. If I enjoy the sport I plan on getting a newer bike next year and keeping this beta as a practice mess around bike

Many thanks

Steve

Hi stevem099

You don't say what part of the world you are from, so I can only say how it is in the south of the UK.

Your bike will not be scrutineered at a club Trial, as long as it is safe, balls on your levers throttle shuts off by its self and your brakes work you should be ok.

Have fun,

TLTEL

A working kill button is a good idea too, I tried to shut down a screaming Fantic for a fallen rider yesterday,no kill button.Luckily the throttle shut down after yanking the bars up out of the dirt. Be a shame to wreck a healthy engine just cos you cant stop it...

A working kill button is a good idea too, I tried to shut down a screaming Fantic for a fallen rider yesterday,no kill button.Luckily the throttle shut down after yanking the bars up out of the dirt. Be a shame to wreck a healthy engine just cos you cant stop it...

WOW, somebody rode a bike with no kill button???? That's craziness. I recall one time many years ago, when my endure bike somehow landed upside down on the bars :chairfall: and smashed my kill button (miles from the nearest road I might add). The only way to get it running was to bypass the broken switch.

All was good until part way up a rocky stream when a branch snagged my throttle cable and jammed the bike at full throttle. Now that was a thrill ride!

Kill button on all my bikes are now located near the center of the bars for protection.

I think a kill switch is regulation for ACU trials.

Stevem099 you can find the information on the ACU website.

Have you joined a club yet? Folkestone club is just down the road, check out our website. We meet in the Drum

pub at Stanford once a month for a beer and a chat. once joined up you can ride all the local events.

TLTEL

Hi all thanks for all replies. Luckily my kill switch works. Rather important it seems from the above storeys! Tltel i was specking to someone who used to ride and he recommended your club as he used to be a member. Will look into joining once bikes sorted and will also try to get down to watch an event see what it's all about :)

Many thanks

Steve

Stevem099. There is a trial at Barham along the Elham valley this Sunday if you fancy watching, its quite a small venue so you wont have to walk too far to see all the sections. details on the Barhammcc website.

TLTEL

Stevem099.

Hi, there are just under 50 members in total. Not all of those members ride but we have a good bunch of friendly people.

Next week end is a Tenterden trial which isn't too far away and our club have one on the 5th of May I think. at Canterbury.

TLTEL