Water In Air Box

gassaman

Hi folks, just a follow up from my last post ( smokey evo 2011 2t ) Iv changed the oil tonight ( was due anyway ) also removed air filter and discovered water laying in bottom of air box, now folks this is where I need educating.... Im I right in saying there is a chance thats there is water in carb?? If so will removing the bowl bolt drain it? Any advice gratefully received once again. Also were is the mixture screw on the carb?? :wall:

Thanks again :icon_salut:

personally i would take the carb off and give it a thorough clean also take the air box off and clean that too the mixture screw is in the most inaccessible position possible left side near the back

Ive drowned a bike before. Plug out....kick it over many times....dry air filter and airbox.....drain float bowl.....and kick until it starts. Draining the float bowl should be good enogh. Water in the airbox should not reach the float bowl but would usually go straight into the crank case and bugger up performance. If it starts.....get it warm and blast it a bit....should be fine after that.

There was about half inch of water in box, the filter was bone dry, as stated I changed the oil ( which looked like it may have had a bit water in ) I fired bike up first kick and let it warm up a while but it still ran a bit smoke, I know a good blast will be better though, I will drain bowl tomorrow and see how tht goes.When the bike is at idle its responsive enough however under load its still a bit flat. I think you are right ( t shock 250 ) re water getting in through the vents.

Yeah about 1 1/2 out. The Keihin's are moisture sensitive due to the very small passages in the pilot circuit. If it runs OK at low throttle you're OK. If you have poor idle and not smooth response off the bottom end then it's time to pull the carb and disassemble, blow out with compressed air.