Clutch Effort

heffergm

So aside from my slightly draggy clutch, my other issue is lever effort. I've got all kinds of tendon issues which makes one finger tough enough, but the evo seems a little heavier than most. From what I gather, there are 5 clutch settings, all of which involve some different clutch fibers or pressure plates.

I was curious if anyone had just flipped the tophats and not changed any fibers.

I have flipped the tophats and purchased the required disk for the complete range of adjustments but have not installed yet. The engagement is smoother with the washers flipped. I am going to be back into the clutch when I eventually get back home and will likely go to setting 6 just to guage the difference.

I have flipped the tophats and purchased the required disk for the complete range of adjustments but have not installed yet. The engagement is smoother with the washers flipped. I am going to be back into the clutch when I eventually get back home and will likely go to setting 6 just to guage the difference.

From what I can tell based on the 5 adjustment ranges in the manual, just flipping the tophats around (small end towards the motor) without changing anything else is kind of like a setting 2.5. The clutch engagement does feel noticeably softer to me, which I'm not sure I like, but on the flip (haha) side, the lever effort is less, which helps with my achy hands, so I think I'll leave well enough alone.