Montesa 248 Tank Decals

chappo

Can anyone help me find a set of decals for the white tanked 81 Montesa 248 that had the external pipe fuel gauge .

I know Spanish Bikes site has them but at over £100, seems rather steep, when similar 348 / 349 ones are £40 ish in the UK.

A site keeps coming up when you search the net for the above stickers of classicbikedecals but the site cannot be accessed?????

I know I might have to just put my hand in my pocket and pay the above high price but just exploring other options before my pants are pulled down.

Thanks everyone.

Inspiration here is a lovely 248 for sale,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Montesa-cota-248-twinshock-/111352203178?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19ed1bc7aa

this set on ebay is reasonable if you consider it contains every sticker for a full restoration.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONTESA-COTA-248-FULL-KIT-DECALS-NEW-MONTESA-COTA-248-KIT-DECALS-FULL-BIKE-/380635232472?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item589fa0b8d8

maybe contact him direct and ask if he does a part kit?

or do you have the old stickers? there are people around that can recreate them from basic patterns.

I dont have time to help you myself but have made replacement vynils using adobe illustrator you need the sizes and to know how the stckers need to be shaped.

if you know anyone that can do basic graphic design on any PC they can create the artwork. then any high street vynil cutter will make up the vynils for around £30.

It does start to make the mass produced version look cheep.

Thanks for the replies chaps........the website I found early in my search, classicbikedecals , that I couldn't open has now come back online and is under development.

They do all the classic Spanish Marques and the 248 ones are £22.50

Admittedly that's without the round tank badges but I have those already.

Thanks.

Dave.