Beta Evo To Gasgas Pro

sir dabs alot

I only know of a rider that had a 300 Racing n could get hold of a new one so bought a 2013 Beta 300 n hated it. I have a 2014 300 Racing n rode 300 n 250 Beta and find them planted if you know what i mean and the Gasser light n lively. I think both have there merits but its down to you as the rider.

The Beta engine is 20 years old and seems like it to me heavy n not a great clutch. Gasser on the other hand is weak on the gearbox n kickstart if abused.

Best bet try them if you can

• 2 weeks later...

2007 scoria to 2010 pro to 2012 sherco to 2013 evo

My thoughts:

Handling- Sherco best, pro is nervous and beta sluggish...scorpa too old and heavy

Motor- beta is best but pro is close, scorpa was great, sherco seems anemic

Weight- pro seems lightest with sherco a close second, beta feels a tad heavier and scorpa is made of lead

Chassis - too close to call, sherco best fork and beta best reared

Reliability - scorpa, beta, sherco, pro

I may try an ossa next!

I loved to ride my 2013 250 pro .Exciting to ride , It steered brill and the suspension was equally as good,and i wheelied it everywhere.Can't tell you how disapointed i was with the quallity and daft things that just broke.Now gone to a Montesa 260 but i have an eye for the Beta and know plenty of people who are well satisfied with them .

Think you would have to spend an hour on one to fully appreciate how confident the Gasser makes you feel.