Rear Shock Setting

ham

DearTC people,

I need your help once again: where will I get the info on my rear shock absorber setting ? I've got a 2004 250 sherco (late model-I'm told) with a Sachs rear. Any clues would be appreciated.Thanks :blink:

unless I'm mistaken the sachs shock is not "adjustable" all you can do is set the sag at about 95mm and thats it.

I am tired of the Sherco being the only bike with non adjustable Shocks front and back, it is the only real downside for me. I have a Reiger shock on the back which is much better.

Nige,

The air helps push the oil through the little holes, silly!

Now really, I said they re adjustable with air, I did'nt say the dampening was adjustable!

However is IS somewhat adjustable by blending different viscosity oils.

Saw what looked like some reworked damper rods on the Paxau site, will you try them and let me know if they work? I'll trade you a case of Texas Beer for them!

I have also seen proper schrader valves fitted to the sherco fork for those who carry a few more of them stones that you fellas keep over there! :wall:

i was talking to a Spanish rider in a queue whilst waiting in a section in France recently and he said that in his opinion the lacke of top quality ADJUSTABLE suspension was a mistake as far as quality to he customer was concearned and I agree with him that its time Sherco upgraded. See other post. I have always stuck with 95mm and found it good, but next time out I shall up it to 65 and see what it does, however I have always felt that lifting the back up to measure the sag that 65 might not be enough and not sure if stodley is saying this.

I think that the "heavy" spring may be better for riders over 180lbs to really dial it in, otherwise, you have to preload the spring too much to achieve the 60-65mm loaded sag.

I've been trying to get one of the Works Preformance adjustable /rebuildable shocks, but hav'nt had any luck yet. :wall:

:o Thanks very much fellas for you replies- all inputs are appreciated.

I've been working on the 65 mm suggestion but like copemech has stated it seems like the spring is far too taught to reach that level of sag ( I weigh 95 kg ), it makes the rear tyre spin up too easily. I shall endeavour to persevere. :wall: