Broken Spokes

monty_jon

I’ve just broke a rear wheel spoke on my TXT Pro, the damn things are all seized in solid!

Is it possible to change one spoke without de-spoking the wheel & does anyone sell individual spokes?

Anyone else had the same problem with the spokes seizing?

Can I still use the bike with a broken spoke?

Once one spoke is broken it puts a lot of extra lead on the adjacent spokes and they are likely to soon fail.

take tyre and rim tape (if applicable off) and put plenty of penetrating oil on both sides of the nipple.

You need a vice with aluminium jaw protectors or jaws fitted. By putting the wheel at an angle you can clamp the spoke securely in the vice jaws. You can then use a srewdriver, mole grips or a securely fitting adjustable spanner on the spoke nipple. Work the nipple gently back and forth to free it off. Nipple threads may need cleaning out with a tap, I think threads are M4

If Gasgas do not sell individual spokes do a search for wheel rebuilders etc.

You can usually replace one spoke.

GGuk do sell individual spokes I bought some a while back and think they were about £1.50 each.

There are 2 different lengths depending which position inboard/outboard of the hub.

Part no's for rear (Taken from 2006 manual)

3.4X220 REAR SPOKE BRT500118014

3.4X215 REAR SPOKE BRT500118015

3.5MM. REAR SPOKE NUT BT27718016