New Owner Question Rev 3

eviljim

Hi. I have just bought a 2002 rev 3.

I have a few questions. I am sure they have been asked and answered before but I can not find them.

What ratio should I mix to.

It's simpler for me to use putoline or silcoline just because I can buy it local. What should I use?

What coolant should I use?

What gearbox oil should I use. ( I am in the uk)

Cheers

80:1, either oil would be great. AtF 450cc. Never had a coolant issue to worry about. My self, I ran a 10t counter and used second mainly. Watch the rubber muffler mounts. Also the fender mounts bed easily, but can be tweaked back. Should be a good bike.

• 2 weeks later...

correct, it is aluminium.....can see by the waterpump cover casting. 2003 onwards has a twin cavity casting which indicates magnesium clutch cover (although 125, 200cc may still have had aluminium, I'd have to check part numbers)

something to check for on the 2002...the rear brake caliper torque lug...they are poorly welded into the swingarm and can snap off..seen quite a few do this....2003 on had better welding

post-1592-0-32439400-1403900102_thumb.jpgpost-1592-0-67869600-1403900122_thumb.jpg