Cota Kid Statement

cota kid

It might come as a great shock to the public, but I am no longer riding a Montesa. Whilst this may only be a temporary situation, dependant on the proposed Montesa 4 stroke, I have now switched to a 290 Sherco. To be totally honest this was a spur of the moment decision.

Knowing that the reign of the Cota 315 is coming to and end I thought to would be an ideal opportunity to start afresh for the new year. Having spent most of my 6 years trialing on a Montesa I am hopeful that the change might provide much needed improvement to my riding.

I will report back to the forum with my honest thoughts on the Sherco and how I am getting on.

It goes without saying that the Montesa 315 has been one of the greatest bikes in the history of the sport but even the best things come to an end and as one door closes another opens. It also seems appropriate to no longer post under the Cota Kid name, well at least for the forseeable future.

Viva Montesa!

Cota Kid

HI, i find this subject quite amusing.the montesa cota machines were manufactured in spain.the montesa 314/3156R has an italian frame,japanese engine and forks,and is assembled in spain.its only been a good machine because of the amzing commitment and ablity of my no 1 trails rider of all time dougie lampkin!.these machines are badged and sold in japan as RTL,S.dougies bike sports H.R.C stickers,fujigas,s works RTL does not so when is a cota a cota!.

Perce,

Got it from a main dealer not a million miles from my home.

In reponse to Physco, the 315 was a great bike before DL joined Montesa, Marc Colomer won the World Championship in 1996 on one. Aslo most bike factories are where the things are assembled from the various components.

CK

cota or who ever you want to be called now,change is good!i almost switched from gas gas to beta a few months ago but could not come up with the extra $ due to being out of work for a few months due to illness.the monty is no doubt a great bike but is a little long in the tooth.it takes a lot of guts to admitt you have changed brands on this board too :ph34r: they must fear the rath of ringo for riding anything else but a Montesa and that is just too much pressure for a lot of people :blink::D good luck with the sherco!

Martin,

thank you for that. I'm very interested to see what the Montesa 4 banger will be like. I imagine there are a lot of people out there who feel the same.

I also think they are also are lot of Montesa riders out there who are also considering a move, knowing that the 315 is coming to an end. The possible high price of a 4 banger is also a concern.

CK

PS My 9 year old daughter prefered my Montesa.