Sherco...yes Or No.

deanogasgas

Hi all,

Ive been trialing a Gas Gas for the last year now and I fancy a newer bike. :D .

Been looking at some Sherco's about 2011 model and asking quite a few people what they think of them.

The reply I have been getting seams to be not all that good, electrical & stater problems.

I know any bike can give you problems but the sherco seams to be sticking its neck out for not having the reliability.

Any body out there with a Sherco... "good or bad".

I've had a 2011 290 Sherco for about a year now.

No problems of any sort to report yet.

It rides much like any modern bike.

On my - admittedly fairly short - experience, I wouldn't have any hesitation recommending it.

You mention stator problems - what about Betas? They've been renowned for it for years and allegedly it's still happening!

IMHO, problems with modern Trials bikes are - a) a result of poor maintenance, or B) pot luck!

Hope this helps.

my first six months were on a 2011 sherco 290, no problems at all and the guys in the club on shercos never seem to have particular issues outside of those you get with any brand. the experienced riders in the club usually say there's not much between the brands in later models as they keep refining them and working on the small niggling issues...

My experience with my ex new 2014 sherco ST 300 was horrible... I couldnt make it to fine tune this bike properly, when I was doing a section downhill, it just stalled... It was a complete nightmare, I just end up turning the idle screw up in order to avoid stalling... I just fortunately sold it, and bought a brand new Jotagas.. so far very happy with it, great bike, how a trials bike should be...!

Edited by ilovetrials