Diadora Stone 3 Water Proof Socks

lewis315r

Well my water proof inner sock boot liner things are starting to smell, and as they are water proof i dont fancy throwing them in the washing machine and for them to come out not water proof!

Ive tried handwashing but im either no good at it or not doing it right as they arent much fresher

Any tips?

Thanks

Edited by lewis315r

I use bamboo socks that are extremely resistant to bacteria. I tested as pair for use with my road bike which I ride most days (27,000 kilometres in 2 yrs) and I didn't wash them for as long as I could before they became rank.

I wore them for 6 months without washing I kid you not! No bad smell even then! My wife washed them even though they were not bad she just couldn't do it any longer!

We use them exclusively now for motorcycling. In trials boots (I have Wulfsport), enduro and road.

They aren't even very expensive... about $10 Aussie.

They are great for extended trips on the bike as you don't have to wash socks!

One downside is that they take a bit longer to dry because of fine fibres and the fibre wicks into itself where normal poly is waterproof on the fibre itself, I think.

See if I can dig up a pic! I have sent these to friends in the USA (motorcyclists) and they have come back, Wow! No wash for ages socks!!

Use these then liner ?

Mags

Edited by mags

I use bamboo socks that are extremely resistant to bacteria. I tested as pair for use with my road bike which I ride most days (27,000 kilometres in 2 yrs) and I didn't wash them for as long as I could before they became rank.

I wore them for 6 months without washing I kid you not! No bad smell even then! My wife washed them even though they were not bad she just couldn't do it any longer!

We use them exclusively now for motorcycling. In trials boots (I have Wulfsport), enduro and road.

They aren't even very expensive... about $10 Aussie.

They are great for extended trips on the bike as you don't have to wash socks!

One downside is that they take a bit longer to dry because of fine fibres and the fibre wicks into itself where normal poly is waterproof on the fibre itself, I think.

See if I can dig up a pic! I have sent these to friends in the USA (motorcyclists) and they have come back, Wow! No wash for ages socks!!

Use these then liner ?

Mags

That is not a bad shout, i mentioned your idea to a lad i work with and turns out he was wearing a T-shirt made out of 70% bamboo and commented on how fresh it always is! This may imply he doesnt wash mind :huh:

Ive managed to find 3 pairs at £5.00 on the net available in a range of colours as well hahaa ive also changed the soles in my liners so they are at least a little bit fresher! Cheers for the advice!