Montesa Cota 247

quo 1

Whilst working on my Mk4b today I noticed the spacer on the front engine mounting point on the frame but like Steve's it is on the left lug which would move the exhaust nearer the down tube - but I have plenty of clearance like john's photo's ? ? ? Steve, your barrel look to be the correct type !

John you have done the same as me with the foot pegs , a little bit of grinding on the mounts and the lugs on the pegs, just got to sort out some return springs for them..... But it saves welding plates on for the bracket type foot pegs generally available.

Will post some photo's of my refurb in the next few days when it's back together.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi

Busy day on the dry build,

I now have a better iidea of what i need,

carb, ive found new Amal on a spanish website,but the seller wont answer emails

By the way how much is the mikuni option and where can i buy it?

seat which i cant seem to find anywhere.any ideas anyone ,shocks etc

There is a new speedo, but it looks like its off a different model,the hole for the cable is round while the cable is square.

The header pipe is fitted but i had to lift the engine up out of the mounts slightly,its just touching the frame with the engine back in situ,

its something i can live with,

On the picture of middle silencer,is this the correct piece?,I bought header pipe and this off ebay in England and a mate brought it over,

the headers ok,the silencer looks it been used as a anvil.

Also im not happy with the paint job on the tank, so ill flatten that off and re do,

Sorry if ive bored you

Cheers Steve

post-20323-0-18854600-1408379614_thumb.jpg

post-20323-0-93837100-1408379707_thumb.jpg

post-20323-0-09389800-1408379793_thumb.jpg

post-20323-0-86654700-1408379848_thumb.jpg

post-20323-0-96083500-1408379888_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Steve, carb can be got at www.inmotiontrials.com £135.00, are you sure about the speedo as most have square drive inner cables and the round hole may square off inside, as far as the seat goes I have not seen them any where, one of my bikes has the same seat and tank unit, the other is the small seat/tank unit.

Your build is looking good, keep up the updates, I have been polishing the engine block and casings this afternoon and painted the cylinder head yesterday but it looks more like a matt finish than the silk finish that i thought i had bought, can always go over it again.

Cheers

John.

John & quo -

Don't suppose you'd like to prep my bikes.

They look great - but I'd certainly scratch them !!!'

John - as for the clutch - I meant a more modern take up, with a bit more feel - rather than just drive or no drive.

Some fibre Style plates might be the answer - but there are non that are a straight fit - times like this I wish I was more technical.

But then I probably wouldn't want a 247 if I knew more about mechanics etc!!!

Keep the updates coming and you both must have shares in a decent polish company !!!

Cheers

The Wobbler

Edited by wobbler

They were new plates from in motion - I tried ATF but it just slipped - I think it might be ok used with a fibre style plate.

I'll do some homework and keep it posted.

On another note I took my engine out today & the exhaust came off without loosening the engine mountings.

Cheers for now

The Wobbler

Damn, now caught the bug,

ive got the chance of a 71 247, seller says complete, but in bits,including engine, frame still white, 250euros

Worth a look,but it will be 200 kilometer round trip.

Steve