Montesa Cota 247

quo 1

Damn, now caught the bug,

ive got the chance of a 71 247, seller says complete, but in bits,including engine, frame still white, 250euros

Worth a look,but it will be 200 kilometer round trip.

Steve

Go for it! I made a 360 miles round trip for my second one with out even seeing it!

These bikes are rare at the moment so i would grab every one i could get as they are a good investment if restored without going overboard in the financial department. :thumbup:

Steve, have a look at amalcarb.co.uk the 626 type seem to be for Triumph and BSA from what i can see, you want a 627 1973 onwards.

Cheers

John.

Hi John

i had 627 wrote down,thought it might be for later models but suitable

steve

sorry its 625, cant find it on Amal website,but looks like a mk11 concentric, which seem to be universal,you just re jet and get correct manifold kit.

is 25mm big enough?,the lad selling it says it is for a 247.

I appreciate everyones help.

i dont want to buy wrong parts

post-20323-0-64742700-1408451528_thumb.jpg

post-20323-0-91603500-1408452717_thumb.jpg

sorry its 625, cant find it on Amal website,but looks like a mk11 concentric, which seem to be universal,you just re jet and get correct manifold kit.

is 25mm big enough?,the lad selling it says it is for a 247.

I appreciate everyones help.

i dont want to buy wrong parts

these pics are the sellers off the website

These pegs can tilt up out of the way and they tend to stick up, I would hate for it to stick up mid section and when I went to put my foot back down on it and it not be there.........

Finished my off season refurb so posting a photo on the 'show your mont thread'

post-18607-0-16117700-1408473655_thumb.jpg

Edited by pro sport

these pics are the sellers off the website

Steve, just checked both my bikes and the carbs are both 627's, i think by the time to try to re-jet and get the manifold for it you would be cheaper getting the carb from In Motion @ £135.00

Edited by johnmartin247

Hi John

The bikes looking great

Unfortunately ive come to a standstill,as most of Spain closes in August for holidays so i cant get parts, Today Its been nudging 40 degrees so you cant blame them.

Still cant find a seat

Cheers Steve

After fitting rear wheel with new tyre and sprocket I found that the wheel was not running true, spokes being 35 year old it did not look like a good bet that it would true up.

So off to local wheel builder for a new set of spokes and nipples and a rebuild, good excuse to get the hub cleaned to match the spokes and the rim.

Cheers

John.