Aftermarket Foot Pegs

bikespace

A few people have mailed me asking about the pegs I bought on ebay a while ago, from a bloke called Steve Butler (can't remember exactly where from - I know Yorkshire somewhere).

Anyway, he called me the other day asking for a link off our site, for a little website he has up and running now Trialcast Here for anyone that is interested.

I'm pretty damned happy with my pegs so far. My weight has been battering them for a few months now with no ill effects, and they got a right good bashing on Sunday, which actually made me think of this (shut it Webmonkey - my fuel was off OK :angry: )

For those that know me, you'll know they've had a pretty good test ;)

I like to give praise where it's due, and the bloke seems to be doing it right.

I know a fair amount of these have sold, they're out there now, so how are people finding them?

Mine were the original colour, and are looking good still.

Yep - here in Aus. I've smacked em hard ;) with only the slightest bend in one peg. And every time you scrape em on rocks, it just looks like they've been polished!!

Just getting another set for my daughters bike sent over - I love em!! :angry:

Neo

I really like the look of these pegs as my Scorpa pegs seem to go "blunt" quickly, but are they as grippy as hebo pegs, do they gather mud quicker? p.s Aaarggh just had a look at the website do they even fit Scorpa's .....(Scorpi?.)

Edited by lastplacebrad

I really like the look of these pegs as my Scorpa pegs seem to go "blunt" quickly, but are they as grippy as hebo pegs, do they gather mud quicker? p.s Aaarggh just had a look at the website do they even fit Scorpa's .....(Scorpi?.)

They're not really sharp, but I don't seem to have had any problems with slipping off them, and they don't seem to rip the soles of my boots up like the originals did.

I've not had Hebo's so not sure how they compare. They certainly don't gather mud, as there isn't anywhere for it to gather - it falls straight through.

I know with the original Sherco pegs I was forever kicking the mud out of them.

I'll drop Steve an email and ask him about Scorpa.

Mine have been on for a month or two now. I am 6ft 7 and best part of 18 stone. They replaced the Sherco steel ones cos they had sagged a bit (can't think why!!)

No problems at all with them so far, they look good and I don't slip off them as much when they get muddy and can take the worst Back Cowm can throw at them so far.

I am 6ft 7 and best part of 18 stone.

I should be your height at my weight :D but even at 6ft 2 I've grown through my hair so maybe a good thing.

Reckon these pegs are getting a fair test here.

I was forced (yes forced Gasserboy!!!) in to a motorcycle display team at the weekend (sort of Mr Blobby special appearance). Doing some big 8ft drop offs, jumps etc and they've held well.

I'm finished testing them I think.

We had a bit of a muddy trial at the weekend and after someone asking last week, I made a note of the mud in them. They do get mud in them, but it flicks out so much easier than with my older pegs, I think because of the shape of the holes (same width all the way down).